Monday, June 14, 2010

300.6 lbs.

Flash Back June 1st

Sorry this took so long to get a post up, there has been alot of shenanigans going on lately. Anyways like i said 'Flash Back June 1st' my first day back to work after my week long holiday vacation. My awesome co-workers and I were catching up and talking about the happenings of the past week and my boss aka Bird brings up that she is fed up with her weight and wants to do something about it. I told her to hold that thought and stepped in to the restroom (where the WW scale is located), and I stood there for a minute knowing that I was BAD on vacation: It was my 24th Birthday week and all I did was party and use up all my fabulous b-day coupons, BOGO at Moe's, Free Appetizers here, Free Ice cream there, and 20% off at some of my favorite stores. Needless to say I knew that my habits that week would bite me in the butt but I was never ready for what I was about to see.

Before vacay I was 291 lbs., 'It shouldn't be to awful' I thought and then there it was 300.6 lbs. I stepped off and back on nope I wasn't crazy or seeing shit, I was 300 pounds. I went back to my desk without saying a word, it took me a minute before i could tell Bird and when i said it it felt more like I was croaking it out. I didn't cry although I could have, I was broke. I cried when i got home, a good hard ugly faced cry and realized that ever since I had my son aka Monkey I have ignored my weight. I am now putting my foot down I have ignored and abused my body for far to long and it is time to change.

Over the past two weeks I have been putting a game plan together and doing research, while cutting the really bad stuff out of my diet (aka sugary stuff & fried food). My coworker aka Swan has been on her own weight loss journey since early this year. I have supported her and followed her some but I was never committed. Finally my Swan started this blog for me so that I would have support, and I cant thank her enough from the bottom of my chubby little heart and I hope she knows that!

So I sit here posting my first blog EVER, after my first exercise in a long time! i have a had-me-down treadmill sooo the display doesn't work, but hey it works right?! Soo I use a Nike+ Ipod sensor on my shoe as my little work out helper. I will be starting a Daily Mile Account shortly too so that you all may see my progress. Thank you all who have started to follow me and to any new followers to come.

3 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! Welcome to the world of blogging. It is a long tough road as you know. One step at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just like swam said, it's a long road but you only need to focus on one step at a time. Having support is key and I know that Swam will be there for you. I want to wish you the best of luck and remember there is no failure. Listen to your body and pay attention to what makes you feel good and what makes you slip. It's the bad days that we learn the most from if we just listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes dear I know how you felt but LOOK you are taking YOUR life back and before you know it you will see a HUGE DIFFERENCE in yourself. I know just from the constant week I have had more energy my clothes are getting looser and thats only with 5 pounds.

    So my advice is do not give up talk it out lean on Swans and everyone else.

    Good luck to you on your own adventure I will enjoy watching you wither away...LOL
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete